All are freely provided by the Parents Music Club and are available for viewing and download by Portsmouth Performing Arts students, their families and friends for personal use. Most videos are password protected (PHS videos = PHS).
Please contact your students director for access to PMS and Elementary school performances.
If you have any questions or comments we'd love to hear from you.
- Marc & Suzanne Vogt
We have a number of summer opportunities for PHS band members.
- Summer Private Lessons: This is a great way to get a head start on the fall music or to prepare for an instrument switch. These lessons are starting next week. If you are interested, sign-up online.
- Summer colorguard training sessions have begun and so far, over 25 students have been participating. We would love to have at least 24 students in the colorguard for this fall, so if you think that you might be interested, come by and check it out. Find out all about this great opportunity here.
- Summer percussion training is also underway. Any student interested in playing percussion (Fall marching band or Percussion Ensemble) should attend Mr. Cirillo’s summer percussion workshop. More information can be found here.
In order to be better prepared to learn more of the Fall production during the week of band camp, we are having required training sessions for all members throughout the summer (see above for colorguard and percussion training info). There is NO COST for these visual training sessions.
- Wednesday 6/25: All of the section leaders and Drum Majors met with the visual designer for a preliminary visual training session.
- Wednesday 7/9: All FIRST YEAR wind & percussion students need to attend a beginner visual training session. The visual designer will be present and all of the section leaders and Drum Majors will be present to help facilitate instruction. Your section leaders will be contacting you in approximately one week to confirm your attendance.
- Wednesday 7/9 (6-8pm @ PHS): Visual Training Session (Drum Majors, Section Leaders & ALL FIRST YEAR WIND & PERCUSSION MEMBERS)
- The following sessions are for ALL WIND & PERCUSSION MEMBERS.
- Wednesday 7/23 (6-8pm @ PHS): Visual Training Session (Everyone BUT Colorguard)
- Wednesday 8/06 (6-8pm @ PHS): Visual Training Session (Everyone BUT Colorguard)
Band Camp 2014
Band camp is the week of Monday 8/18 - Friday 8/22. Students should expect to be at PHS from 9am-8pm all five days.
More detailed information will be posted online shortly.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email Kara Welch.
Here are some great videos that give you an idea of what colorguard is all about.
- WGI promotional video.
- WGI 2012 season recap video
- PHS Colorguard: The Experience The password is "PHS"
I want to give a big thank you to PPMTV for the great video equipment they have made available to me this year.
Thr 5/1, 5:00-6:00pm: Chocolate Festival Parts 1 & 2.
Fri 5/2, 7:00-8:00pm: Chocolate Festival Parts 1 & 2.
Sat 5/3, 11:00am-1:00pm: Chocolate Festival Parts 1, 2, & 3.
Sun 5/4, 11:00am-1:00pm: Chocolate Festival Parts 1, 2, & 3.
Thr 5/8, 5:00-6:00pm: PHS Band at NHMEA, PHS Percussion, Music in Our Schools PHS Choirs.
Fri 5/9, 7:00-8:00pm: PHS Choir at NHMEA, PHS Percussions, Music in our Schools PHS Choir.
Sat 5/10, 11:00am-1:00pm: All 4 Music videos.
Sun 5/11, 11:00am-1:00pm: All 4 Music videos.
After that, the schedule repeats for the following two weeks.
Remember you can always view and download videos by clicking on the "Videos" button on the left sidebar on this page. Ask your director for the password.