All are freely provided by the Parents Music Club and are available for viewing and download by Portsmouth Performing Arts students, their families and friends for personal use. Most videos are password protected .
Please contact your students director for access to PMS and Elementary school performances.
If you have any questions or comments we'd love to hear from you.
- Marc & Suzanne Vogt
The 2019-2020 program book sales have begun. All of the ad book sales links are located under the fundraising tab on the sidebar. Please click here. This is a great opportunity for PHS Band students to earn some serious funds towards their Disney trip.
In order to help keep track of which businesses have been contacted, I have created a shared Google spreadsheet. Please click here. Before you head out to visit businesses, please review the list and enter your name next to the business. After you have made contact, make sure to update the status column (ad sold/ad declined). If the business you are visiting is not on the list, please add them to the bottom so that we can keep the list up-to-date.
The most important item to remember is to put your name on the bottom of the ad form as that is how we determine the final credit for the sale. For every student participant, the first $100 in ad sales goes into the band's general fund. Once the $100 threshold has been met, 100% of all future sales goes into the individual seller's account. These credits can add up very quickly. Many previous PHS Clipper Band members have paid for their entire Disney trip with ad book sales. Copies of the ad form are located outside Mr. Gagnon's office door, or click here to download a pdf copy.
Everyone, not just Seniors must turn in all PHS band uniform items (marching & concert) by Monday, June 3rd. Please make sure that everything is cleaned, hung and clearly labeled with your name. Look under your beds and in your closets for those extra bow ties & gauntlets. The uniform racks will be in the band room starting on Tuesday 5/28. Please don’t procrastinate on this one as it makes my year end tasks very difficult if there are delays.
- Morning Dress Rehearsal - All PHS band students will be dismissed from their block 1 classes on Friday 6/7 in order to participate in the dress rehearsal for graduation. Students will be attending their block 2 classes either on time or a few minutes late depending on when the morning dress rehearsal ends. All PHS teachers will be notified by me via email.
- Evening Performance - All PHS Band students should report to the PHS Bandroom in nice clothes (no band uniforms) no later than 4:30pm on Friday 6/7. We will all need to be in seats in the PHS gymnasium by 5pm. The ceremony starts at 5:30 and will end at approximately 7:45. All band members are expected to help with clean-up immediately after the ceremony concludes.
- Seniors (and Junior class marshals) - please make sure that you preset your instrument & music prior to reporting to the auditorium for your evening graduation responsibilities. Equally important is to not forget to collect your instrument and put it away immediately after graduation. You do not want it damaged or lost in the post-ceremony clean-up.
- Senior Selection **SENIORS ONLY** Please click on this link to let me know what your choice for the Senior band selection should be. I am asking you to rank the available choices in order. Please complete this task by Thursday evening so that I can announce on Friday morning.
- All marching percussion members have been pre-scheduled w/Mr. Cirillo during TASC for Monday 5/20 & Wednesday 5/22. If you find that your are not scheduled, please notify Mr. Gagnon ASAP.
- All holiday ensemble members have been pre-scheduled w/Mr. Cirillo during TASC on Friday 5/24 to prepare for the Albacore ceremony.
- On Monday 5/20, all marching percussion members will have rehearsal in the band room with Mr. Cirillo from 3:30-4:45.
- All color guard members will have practice with Kara on Monday 5/20 in the evening from 6-8:30pm on stage at PHS.
- All marching band members (wind guard & percussion) will have parade rehearsal on this Wednesday 5/22 & Friday 5/24 from 3:30 until 4:15
- Albacore Ceremony (holiday ensemble members only) All holiday ensemble members will need to report in nice clothes (no band uniforms) to the PHS Bandroom on Monday 5/27 at 9:30am. We will carpool with instruments & stands over to the ceremony and then return to PHS in time to get ready for the parade.
- Parade (all marching band members) All marching band members should report to Portsmouth Middle School with equipment** and in full marching band attire for 12 noon on Monday 5/27. Anyone needing to pick up instruments or uniform items can do so on Monday morning. The band room door in the alley will be open from 10-11:45am. Please do not be late as the building needs to be locked & alarmed in time for me to get to the middle school at noon.** Tubas & Marching Percussion will be brought over in the trailer.